Web interface not restarting

Here is the place for all Hardware and Firmware related questions

Moderator: marcus

Re: Web interface not restarting

Postby rhodesy22 » Thu 1. Dec 2011, 20:02

I see where you're coming from regarding the calls, and it is something I overlooked, thanks for pointing it out. The problem still exists without doing the scanning though - and on another note, why would the other devices that I haven't turned off and then back on still work after scanning them repeatedly.
rhodesy22

Postby IRTrans » Thu 1. Dec 2011, 20:10

Depending on the timing and sequence of the incorrect calls the device might sometimes recover and sometimes not.

During our testing and firmware development we have surely restared our test devices several thousand times. I have not seen a single occasion where the http interface did not come up correctly. Therefore I do not understand while that happens in your installation on a regular basis.

Currently we are working on a firmware version that will constantly monitor all active TCP connection to make sure there is at least one port that is available. Unused connections will be closed after some time.

You can send us an email to info@irtrans.de and we can send you that firmware version for testing.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Postby rhodesy22 » Thu 1. Dec 2011, 20:28

Sure I understand - there's no reason you can think of that would mean the web service not coming up even after restarting - even without scanning for it by any means, and just visiting the web interface?
rhodesy22

Postby IRTrans » Thu 1. Dec 2011, 20:36

No idea what might cause that.

There might be strange conditions (dropped TCP Connections without closing them) where the listening socket is lost - however we have not been able to force that.

When the device boots up everything is initialized to a proper state. The firmware even checks if all sockets are opened correctly. If one has not been opened the radio module is reset and reinitialized.

IRTrans
IRTrans
Administrator

Previous

Return to Hardware